my little fantasy Index du Forum
my little fantasy
Votre monde détruit, vous pouvez écrire votre propre destinée.

my little fantasy Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Love And Trouble A Midlife Reckoning ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    my little fantasy Index du Forum -> *My Little Fantasy* HORS JEU -> Les Parchemins
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
harmopaxte

Level: 0
Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 17:06 (2017)    Sujet du message: Love And Trouble A Midlife Reckoning Répondre en citant

Love and Trouble: A Midlife Reckoning
by Claire Dederer
rating: 5.0 (12 reviews)

->>>DOWNLOAD BOOK Love and Trouble: A Midlife Reckoning
READ BOOK Love and Trouble: A Midlife Reckoning

From the New York Times best-selling author of Poser: My Life in Twenty-Three Yoga Poses, a ferocious, sexy, hilarious memoir about going off the rails at midlife and trying to reconcile the girl she was with the woman she has become.

Claire Dederer is a happily married mother of two, ages nine and 12, when she suddenly finds herself totally despondent and, simultaneously, suffering through a kind of erotic reawakening. This exuberant memoir shifts between her present experience as a middle-aged mom in the grip of mysterious new hungers and herself as a teenager - when she last experienced life with such heightened sensitivity and longing.

From her hilarious chapter titles ("How to Have Sex with Your Husband of Seventeen Years") to her subjects - from the boyfriend she dumped at 14 the moment she learned how to give herself an orgasm, to the girls who ruled her elite private school ("when I left Oberlin I thought I had done with them forever, but it turned out...they also edited all the newspapers and magazines, and wrote all the books"), to raising a teenage daughter herself - Dederer writes with an electrifying blend of wry wit and raw honesty. She exposes herself utterly, and in doing so captures something universal about the experience of being a woman, a daughter, a wife.

Details:
price: $13.99
bound: 7 hours
publisher: Random House Audio
lang: English
asin: B06XWWZ3FM
isbn:
weight:
filesize:

Love and Trouble: A Midlife Reckoning Claire Dederer
Love and Trouble: A Midlife Reckoning download from SaberCatHost pdf Love and Trouble: A Midlife Reckoning online iBooks offline eng free

Basically, she's a very sexual person, she slept around a lot when she was younger and really enjoyed it and now she's a married, middle aged Mom and feels sad that she no longer gets the amount of male attention that she used toThe graduate students loved her for her compassion and toughness, her intelligence, candor and sense of humor, for her ability to see the world through her own eyes and describe complex experience with uncanny courage.Her second memoir, Love and Trouble, displays all of those virtues, and, whatever Fitzgerald might have meant by there being no second acts in American lives, Dederer disproves that statement with an eloquent, heartbreaking vengeancehereLike T.SShe teaches a class on memoir-writing and reflects that she is the nuttiest person in the roomIt was more a series of observations, stories, and musings rather than a cohesive work that led to any sort of concrete realization or epiphanyShe also hates the boys in her class because they classify all girls & who are even a little bit pretty as class-skipping sluts

I was going to give it two stars but then the final chapter or two redeemed itCopper Canyon Press, $15, paperback, 96p., 9781556594984 .Or midlife crises can — actually, they will — appear as witchy miseries about wrinkles, gray hair, widening waistlinesInsightful, provocative, and fearlessly frank, Dederer seduces readers with her warmth, wit, and wisdom.Kirkus Reviews (starred review)But: while still pondering this conclusion to Love and TroubleI listened to Roxane Gay's new memoirFriday, May 12, at Town Hall Seattle, $5 (townhallseattle.org); and 1 p.m

Her writing is so descriptive without being try-hard and it feels conversationalAs a child, she seems largely ignored and certainly unprotectedI was going to give it two stars but then the final chapter or two redeemed itRead the full rules hereWho knows why we keep going, or how we keep going with a sense of aging and impending death?And trying to figure out how to be oldFor some women it's the only answer, which obviously has a lot of rewards attached to itFor as soon as I rejoiced in the sudden feeling of revelation I immediately began to question why, when describing her desires and her proclivities that she chooses to use the word "victim" (I want to be a victim/ be victimized?)

Love and Troubleis aferociously intelligent, blazingly funny new memoir from the New York Times best-selling author of Poser: My Life in Twenty-Three Yoga PosesBut she is a delightfully mordant companionRediscover: Confederates in the AtticPulitzer Prize-winning journalist Tony Horwitz's Confederates in the Attic: Dispatches from the Unfinished Civil War (1998) is a mix of travelogue, humor and history that alternates effortlessly between the absurd and deadly serious legacies of the American Civil WarIn it, host Brian Reed probes suspicious behavior in an Alabama town after a resident begs him to investigate an outrageous murderYes, it was the 70s and 80s, but parents still protected their childrenAnd privilegeBasically, she's a very sexual person, she slept around a lot when she was younger and really enjoyed it and now she's a married, middle aged Mom and feels sad that she no longer gets the amount of male attention that she used toMay 31, 2017 Allison rated it liked it Like the author, I am a Gen X mother who works from home in a fairly rural location while my spouse travels for work 48a4f088c3

My Life Began at FortyAztectopia (Spanish Edition)HOLLYWOOD UNDERGROUNDPrehistoric Textile Art of Eastern United StatesPlauto Comedy (Italian Edition) Lucio CanginiNemaha CountyThe King and the Poor Wretch: Simmel's Philosophy of the ActorMadame President: The Extraordinary Journey of Ellen Johnson SirleafAmerica's Most Notorious Domestic Terrorists: The Life and Crimes of the Unabomber and Timothy McVeighDoll Man #41: Golden Age Superhero Comic 1952

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 17:06 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    my little fantasy Index du Forum -> *My Little Fantasy* HORS JEU -> Les Parchemins Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
onyx © theme by larme d'ange 2006